« Home | The Chaotic Re-reformation Holiness Locomotion » | Greetings from the Dirty South » | emergent/postmodern defined??? » | Lives or Minds? » | was just reading the latest issue of relevant mag.... » | It's a five speed to me I guess » | prayer thoughts » | The Wise Cheif » | Billy Bob [yes, as in the teeth] » | jim bob [kind of like the waltons] » 

May 12, 2005 

"...All because of you I AM..."

Wow, so I'm in The Windy City @ the United Center. Just hangin, playing Tetris on my phone while some band named Kings of Crap or something [I don't remember their name, but I'd rather be in the dairy section, hearing a brass rendition of "Good Vibrations".] So I'm waiting for the headliners. Maybe some of you have heard of them, there name is U2. [That whole thing was a surprise by my wife. SWEET!!!]
Bono pushes me sometimes, well a lot of the time. But I got to hear him give an intro to miracle Drug that would preach. It did speak to me. He talked about how great the human mind is. How we can be inspired by our friends, family, and most of all, by God. He is the one that has inspired us to do so many great things. I looked at the crowd around me and they were dumbfounded. "Did Bono just talk about God?" Ahhh yup. The guys have been talking about Him since the 70s. I also saw Bono, in his flamboyant way, struggle down to the stage as he sang, "...I can feel your love teachin' me how, your love is teachin' me how, how to kneel, kneel..." I saw a man pointing people to God, the whole way. I know what your thinking, heck I'm thinking it too. Is this man a stellar Christ-like example? Mmm no. Mmm yes. Am I, I AM? No. Yes. Would my life look different if I have been a rockstar for 25 years? Yes. For good and bad? I think so. Have you seen the Nooma video "Sunday?" Rob Bell talks about how God wants our hearts. He wants what we do, but the most important thing is that He has our heart. Our do, will come from our be. I know this is not an original thought. It's one that I try to live by. I saw that heart in Bono. As much criticism that has come to U2 from the Church, I saw a heart that was seeking God and loving Him. That is more than I can say for most of my life. I dare say a lot of what I've seen of the Church. What am I trying say? I didn't expect to encounter I AM at the United Center. But I worshiped Him there. I was changed there. hmm. [Help me process.] How can I allow God to create an ethos of change in my circle of infulence? I don't have a sweet sound, a light and graphic show with these tight color changing lights, or an ear ringing volume in ministry. Well I guess I have a heart. A heart that yearns to be used. To be changed. God has my heart. Thats simply is it. "...all because of you, I AM..." You've sent me. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06