« Home | Billy Bob [yes, as in the teeth] » | jim bob [kind of like the waltons] » | Uhh...Prayer? » | Who's next? » | a visit » | This is Randy  » | Back up just a bit » 

March 24, 2005 

The Wise Cheif

I thought of something. Its 1845. A young brave went to the big of Chicago to see the world. He returns to his tribe and his wise cheif to tell them what he saw. For his whole life the brave had heard the cheif say "The white man is coming. More and more than we can count. And he is bringing his world and ways with him." It's try cheif, there is a sea of white men. They have iron horses that take them place to place. They have stores for everything: clothes, food, tools, guns, jewelry. The city is never asleep. After a period of silence the cheif says "You must teach me how to speak better english. Tell me how to get along with the white man. How should the tribe change enough to function in this spreading culture? Wow, what a wise cheif. Look around you. How can that cheif, that person of great power and influence impact the church? If God has placed them there, isn't it His timing? I see some wise Cheifs out there! Praise the Lord! I guess you do know what your doing God!

Mike and I have found that we I like to speak to each other in parables. Something about painting a picture that one can understand. We both wonder, if they work so well, why am I not using them all the time. If they were good enough for Jesus, shouldn't I take more time to paint an understandible picture for my students?