« Home | prayer thoughts » | The Wise Cheif » | Billy Bob [yes, as in the teeth] » | jim bob [kind of like the waltons] » | Uhh...Prayer? » | Who's next? » | a visit » | This is Randy  » | Back up just a bit » 

March 24, 2005 

It's a five speed to me I guess

Most days prayer is a given for me too. In the ministries that I've been involved with prayer hasn't been a given though. I guess I'm so jaded by that, that I'm afraid of making this process too logical. Too one dimentional. [Isn't that a dysfunction we've seen in the modern church?] I've had lots of people in ministry, pastors included, look me in the eye and say "I'll pray about that", as they sprint on to the next thing. I'm tired of "Thank you Lord for this food amen", before we enter into God's work, whatever that may be at the time. So forgive me for putting you guys into that group of people. That's my automatic response to the mention of prayer. So is that a modern thing? Not much pray in ministry in mean. Is that when things are just too out of balance? Or is that just a hardened heart thing? Is prayer hard for some moderns to do because there are no "results?" Nothing tangible. I know it's not all moderns, but the lack of a vibrant prayer life seems to be a trend to me. Again, I'm jaded and I've only seen what I've seen. So if you guys are looking in my eyes and telling that you are spending time in prayer about this and other things in general, I'm ok with that. Sorry if I automatically pigeon-holed you guys too. I just want to do this the best we can. God's church is on the line.