« Home | Ahhh, that was easy » | Heads Up!!! » | Church Growth » | 2006 & george barna » | Heads up to all!!! » | Heads up Contributors! » | a book » | Ron Martoia Velocity Conversation at LPCOG » | Ron Martoia Interview » | Since I was up.... » 

January 19, 2007 

home & life

i just had this link sent to me about house churches. it's probably not any new info for this conversation; as we've probably seen this coming for some time now. but it begs the question surrounding community. one of the opening lines in the article is the underlying issue that we don't know how to do community very well.
i just came from an over-night discussion/planning session with my sr. pastor and one of the things that i'm bringing away from that time is this:
how do i re-imagine the life of Jesus in me?

this plays into community because if i do the hard work of thinking and living through this question it has the possibility of becoming a point for community. time spent reimagining what my faith looks like, what church looks like, how i connect to God then; and ONLY then - after i've done the 'quiet center' homework - do i have something of power and influence to teach/lead.

yea, but that sounds like a lot of work. i'm gonna' go take a nap.

Your right it's not new stuff to me, but it's cool that it was covered by ABC News.

I'm hearing more and more, and more lately about making time for relationships with people and God. Martoia said it, Rob Bell has said it + + + + + +. If you are not aware of the things around you, how in the world are you going to able to hear what God wants you to do when he speaks in the silence? I need a nap too!

I need to add, that I'm hearing it so much lately that I might actually be starting to live it. Wouldn't that me nice or even miraculous?

Post a Comment