« Home | GA Aftermath: Here's what's happening in my neck o... » | Look out » | another opportunity for conversation » | Why Jesus Couldn't Be A Pastor » | the golden years & keifer sutherland » | Reactive Christianity » | MI.GA.2006.3 » | From the guys at Odyssey » | MI.GA.2006 » | an artistic cultural intpretation » 

December 07, 2006 

Since I was up....

Quite a post by Dan Kimball. Check it out here. This is a long post but really good. I've had similar conversations in the past. Not one has been to an emerging church either. hmmm.

With friends like that Dan...

wow - long post, but worth the read!

it's interesting to me that a generation of leaders [in & out of church] that have their understanding of the world rooted so deeply in what we can know, and have knowledge of, can be so often caught in a battle of words lacking a depth of knowledge of the topic.
it's seems obvious to me that when the conversation of emergent [or similar lables & discussions] the conversation, almost immediately become emotional; a human response that has been highly criticized within the emergent group.

there seems to be a disconnect between talking about what we really know of someone/something and allowing the emotions run the show. the modern value of concrete knowledge & research seems to go out the window, at least for some.

Definitely Nathan. It seems like a classic case of "it's over my head, so it must be the devil".

Although, I must confess a hypocrisy... I've used that argument before in my high school chemistry class...

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06