« Home | an artistic cultural intpretation » | Some "Ps" from Dan Kimball » | Pastoral or Missional? » | Yet Another Episode in a Continuing Saga » | in the know » | Another Episode in a Continuing Saga » | Hot cider, fresh donuts and pumkin patches » | Sound Off » | An Interview » | A Reminder » 

November 05, 2006 

MI.GA.2006

My computer fragged and I lost this brilliant post that I've been writting for 30 min. It's sunday afternoon and I've got to be back to the office soon so I'm not going to replicate the former post.

We had a great General Assembly of the Church of God in Michigan. Ron Martoia was really challenging to all of us. Our conversation is seeing some fruit guys! Three years ago when Nate and I did a conferance about church and culture we got blank looks and no conversation. That was not the atmosphere in the room at GA. I will be posting my notes here in a series so we can unpack them more. If I've left soemthing out you other contributors make sure to edit the post. You write down something brilliant only to miss another brilliant thought. I will be getting the CDs of the sessions and interjecting some things that I missed.

I'm really glad I'm in Michigan right now guys! I think this will give us some common language to talk about change now. A couple pastors on staff with me mentioned that we should go on a retreat to talk about it. NICE! So look forward to that.

Randy,

I'm right with you on this...It's great to be in Michigan right now...I think a retreat would be great...Ron open CHOGINMI to a whole new level of hope...I will be hosting Ron in February for a one day conversation event...This weekend was AWESOME!

Keep the conversation going, Randy. Re-imagining, re-thinking, and re-reading all need to happen for us to stay effective. Ecclesia Semper Reformanda.

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06