« Home | the community » | time will tell I guess » | So this is where I have been camped out the past m... » | Aslan "not much of a Christ figure" » | Might I suggest . . . » | head that'a way » | Odyssey-ed lately? » | it's still rollin' in... » | 'i believe you have my stapler...' » | be honest, do your leadership/elders know about yo... » 

January 18, 2006 

Emergent on ABCnews

Check out the story of 2 emerging churches along with Brian McLaren on ABC News. LINK

thanks for sharing that man! Hmm. I cringed that they said Christian music, but how else would they describe it? In my head I heard subculture music, but they meant worship music. Don't get hung up on my hang up. I want to hone in on "Mainline churches have tolerated this movement, but may be headed for a collision course." What did that mean for you? What does that mean for ChOG? What does collision look like in your church or town?

Mainline Denom's like the Presbyterians and Methodists have embraced Emergent to the point where they are trying to plant churches. But there will still be a day where heads will butt. It would be good of us to explore what a CHOG church planter looks like? I know of some guys in Birmingham that didn't want to affiliate, but they were convinced by close friends to go for it, for the benefits of tying one's church to a larger body. I think they are still waiting on those benefits.

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06