« Home | time will tell I guess » | So this is where I have been camped out the past m... » | Aslan "not much of a Christ figure" » | Might I suggest . . . » | head that'a way » | Odyssey-ed lately? » | it's still rollin' in... » | 'i believe you have my stapler...' » | be honest, do your leadership/elders know about yo... » | a father and his son » 

January 04, 2006 

the community

recently i have been reading r.bell's book velvet elvis [a dang good read] and was just coming through the parts about community in the church.
in the weeks leading up to Christmas i was speaking to our students about the importance of community; how the journey is not ment to be done in solitude, the shared experience is the rich expreience, etc. then at our Christmas morning gathering as i spoke i touched the communal issues that we've done a good job of limiting. we've limited them through our attitudes and importance we've placed on individualism.

then just this week my sr. and i are talking in staff mtg. about issues of community and how we ramp up the communal aspect of life in the local church. needless to say, we haven't landed on any answers just yet.

so, all of that to ask this...
how are you addressing the need for community in your local churches? anything from students, kids & adults.

later tater...

We have small groups in the student ministry, but not a lot of community. There are pockets, I'm not sure that they're much more than events. Somehow the individual has to realize that they need to community. So how can we provide community, that lends itself to more community? The Middle school and High school ministries will be doing a study on Acts this winter. That is the place that I'm going to look to. I think prayer it a big deal. I don't pray enough, so why do I think that my students pray much? I think a lot of it will start with this indivdual being truly fully devoted. I don't know how many of you out there could say that you were really fully devoted if you were honest with yourself. I'll fully devoted to breathing I guess.

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06