« Home | Something new » | Please, no more doing church for 'them' » | Brana's still at it » | PoMo musings while watching Hawaiian fish » | A reminder... » | what do you think? » | remember Ska? this SoCal church left one out . . . » | a day with mcClaren in g.r. » | Always emerging . . . » | Unraveling Emergent II [Hope you have your spectac... » 

October 26, 2005 

a father and his son

great moment with my son Graeme a couple days ago. We were sitting on the sofa looking out the front window. The sun was hitting the red and yellow leaves on the trees. I had Robert Randolph and The Family Band playing. We were just sitting there. Then the song "soul refreshing" came on - priceless. That's what made me think of all this. Graeme was cuddled into my lap and my arms were wrapped around him. Every once and a while he'd just sigh. I would too. Keep in mind that he's two. We sat there for 25min just looking out the window and listening to the music. Just being with each other. Itsn't pretty obivous where I'm going with this? How much time have I had my soul refreshed by the Father lately? I feel instep with the Spirit lately, but I haven't made time to slow down and bask. Have you? Take a walk around the block this afternoon. Pick up a leaf or a rock or anything on the ground and consider the work of His fingers. Look out the window for a while. Just be with God sometime today. If we are about a deep, quality relationship with God, lets be those people today.

awww. that was so sweet.. and deep.

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06