« Home | For those wondering... » | Are you ready? Can you see it? » | "...All because of you I AM..." » | The Chaotic Re-reformation Holiness Locomotion » | Greetings from the Dirty South » | emergent/postmodern defined??? » | Lives or Minds? » | was just reading the latest issue of relevant mag.... » | It's a five speed to me I guess » | prayer thoughts » 

May 24, 2005 

Filibuster Street Church of God

So I don't know if you read or watch the news, but there has been a recent pile of political poo being strung about with the 'filibuster'. I by no means will blog on politics, cause that isn't even my style, but I will comment on this strange tactic that slows and derails plans.

To disagree is one thing, but pouting never got anyone anywhere. If you read the description of what a filibuster is from our friends at Wikipedia, it mentions Strom Thurmonds 24 hour filibusting delay of the Civil Rights Act of 1957, the current record. I have seen threads of filibusting within church circles, and it is really a sad ploy to get someone's way. I have seen pastors trump up and buy in to conspiracy theories, causing them to never buy in to what may create new life. Being in the south, where I have seen folks clamor for the good ole days, saying it worked then, it should work now, and even folks who wouldn't have minded winning the war.

But the real filibuster, is Satan. He lies and impedes, so he can get his way, which is destruction. Just go see Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith, and observe the Emporer filibusting, so he can get his way. The church is suffering from the slow walk, the cow walk, the delaying of God's work, cause we are buying the lies, we are buying 'what works in other churches so it must work in ours', instead discovering how God wants to work.

rant over with, i will go find a happy place now . . .

I never thought of if that way Andy. But, man your right. We have the cots out, we're ready to stall, when ever it gets uncertain, or a way against the flow. That is my natural inclination, to maintain I mean. That's my personality. But God has shaken my spirit. I am trying to live by His Spirit. "When the Spirit says move you got to move," right?
I caught Episode III also. Dang, what a tradegy! But how much of that is true for us? We go on what impulse we feel. A thought process that we've always followed. For Anakin it was anger. Always acting in anger. For us I think it's status quo, or Sloth if you will. If your talking about death, and destruction, like we are, A Deadly Sin is appropriate. I can see a great picture of this in my son. He, already at 21 months old, acts like he doesn't hear me. Most of the time now I just get in his face to tell him something. Isn't that us? But God isn't just yelling from across the room, he's whispering in our hearts, not just our ears. From within us, and we still ignore Him. Shame on me. Shame on me, when I refuse to be changed. Shame on me when I ignore my Father's voice. "Randy stop, your too close to the road! Wait! STOP!...NOOOOOO!" But unlike Anakin, my Father has given me a whole body. the new one isn't "twisted and evil." "Thank the Maker!"

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06