« Home | Might I suggest » | Emerging Churches and Denominations » | A couple thoughts » | Rant 061405 [dog poop] » | ChOG Postmodern Thinktank » | Hey Mike! Say ya to da UP eh? » | Filibuster Street Church of God » | For those wondering... » | Are you ready? Can you see it? » | "...All because of you I AM..." » 

June 25, 2005 

A Place to Change

I'm fairly new to this particular conversation, but have been following the emergent movement for a while now. I am increasingly aware of how the focus on reaching the postmodern generation has crossed over from a change of method to a change of message. This is not just another attempt to adapt our style of church to a changing culture with the same theology. This movement is challenging our conservative evangelical theology, our hermenuetic, our interpretation of the message of the gospel. I certainly don't mean in all ways, but those of us who feel a strong connection to the "new kind of Christian" need to know that we are being called to transform our whole way of thinking about God, salvation, sin, the church, community. I appreciate this place where I can work out the buzzing going on in my head over these concepts, a place where my ChOG roots are appreciated and where others cut from the same wool can help me figure out what my new garments should look like.

Lori,

As a Church of God pastor lurking on this blog, I was impressed by your post. I agree that the emerging movement has profound implications on everything we believe and do, and I want to encourage you because there are a growing number of us that are recognizing the new opportunities ahead of us during this exciting time.

Lloyd Moritz
http://chogblog.blogspot.com

I just realized that I hadn't reponded to your post. I'm so glad that yu feel this way. The intent is to help us change, explore those things you mentioned. I'm so glad what's happening is what motivated me to logon to Blogger for the first time. "I caught you a delicious bass"

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06