« Home | Two very differant things to share today... » | He is Limitless, so why limit Him » | Existing Churches -- Let them die? » | A Place to Change » | Might I suggest » | Emerging Churches and Denominations » | A couple thoughts » | Rant 061405 [dog poop] » | ChOG Postmodern Thinktank » | Hey Mike! Say ya to da UP eh? » 

June 30, 2005 

wayne and wendy whiner...

i rant...
is it time for the church to stop being so concerned about how we are persecuted and begin being the church that Christ died for?
just the other night i was watching ‘the daily show with john stewart’. he showed a clip from a recent supreme court decision in texas to keep the 10 commandments in place.
and i’m all for the 10 commandments being in prominent places in our country and being recognized as foundational to the formation of this country. but…a guy, a pastor, and i’m sure one who wants to see us become a Christian nation again as much as i do, was going on about how this may mark a time when the Christian church will stop being so persecuted in this country.
yea, maybe so. but here’s what i left with…what a whiner!!
i don’t recall Jesus ever standing on the steps to Ceasar’s palace and demanding that he stop persecuting His people. if anything Jesus said to those that were following Him that they were going to go through much worse than simple persecution if they were going to follow Him. killed i think was the word He used.
so we americans and our watered down version of what it means to follow Christ are all up in arms if the 10 commandments are taken down from courthouses across the nation and think that this constitutes persecution.
no wonder america has become a mission field for other nations.

Nate I think its important for us to honest about our feelings here. So I hope one day you can open up. How can we help you tear down the walls around your heart?

thanks for your honesty.

I was persecuted the other day for having to pay a higher price on gas than I should. As a follower of Christ, I almost took up my tennis shoes, to walk to where I needed to go, but I realized I live in this cushy country of comforts, I will have to pay that price(of $2.19 a gallon) of living the hardships of being American. I agree, we have no idea what it means to be persecuted really. I am embarassed of my lifestyle sometimes, because it doesn't mean much to a Jesus-way of living. So easy to SAY your a Christian here, but so hard to actually live that life. It is sort of a backwards persecution, self-persecution, where we limit ourselves by sampling our unlimited freedom!

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06