« Home | This is Randy  » | Back up just a bit » 

March 13, 2005 

a visit

My self, Tim and Mrs. Tim, Tim and Mrs. Tim, the Wied and family went to Westwinds tonight. A few things jumped out at me. Cool building, just walking down the hall envoked creativity, I didn't even go in any the offices, which looked tight! The actual service wasn't anything alien, like I think some of us thought it might be. Tim Secord [How you guys feel about full names?] and I were talking about about the product itself isn't that revolutionary, it's the process that got them there. I would like to talk to them about that process...I think I will. Sound's like it's time to schedule another lunch.
We talked to someone after the service, which they call Fusion. [I think his name was Randy too] Randy said that he would be willing to help if he could. Dang, yeah, you can help! This whole thing is a journey right? God is constantly "upgrading" us if we're engaging him, right? So in life were never there. So do we live that way? Do we think that way? Ummm, I try to. I think to some exstent I do. Maybe that's why I get tension in minstry often. I change the way I do things all the time. But isn't that the point? Isn't that realality anyway? Our cells are constantly dieing. So really, we are never the same very long, even in our body. So isn't our soul the same? Isn't our mind the same? Always adding, improving. So what I'm saying is, God always has something new for us. If we encounter him he can inspire us to create. That's what I saw tonight. People inspired and openly, freely expressing that creativeity. It was right down to the pollished stainless steel coffee bar. I'm going to bed now. It's become a work day as I've written this.

what you're talking about is a shift in how we view our relationship with God. the modern world had some very definite ideas about what it meant to be 'saved'. it was more about the point of conversion than anything else. 'have they prayed the prayer?' i just heard that statement made this week.
the constant evolution [if i can use that word without being called a heritic] of our relationship with God is very organic and 21c.
but at the same time it's hard for the modern mind/Christian to think more about process than point.
your thoughts about being recharged got me thinking about being new & renewed...
ps.40:3 - new sone in my heart
ps.98:1 - sind to the Lord a new song
isa.42:9 - new things i declare
lam.3:23 - compassions/faithfullness...they are new every morning
i think that sometimes we have gotten into the pattern of thinking of these 'new' things in terms of the salvation of the new Christian. that keeps with some of the spirit of those verses, but they also deal with the newness/freshness of our constant, growing, evolving relationship with God.
-your thoughts...

I invited Randy Shafer from Westwinds to the blog and put him on the email list. [Think he goes by Shaf]

Post a Comment