« Home | Strategic Planning Anyone? Are those chunks on th... » | empty » | Why Boomers resist the “Emergent fad' » | An MI opportunity... » | some strong words from Anderson Campmeeting » | Check out Emergent on PBS & on Wikipedia » | An interview with Tony Jones » | wayne and wendy whiner... » | Two very differant things to share today... » | He is Limitless, so why limit Him » 

August 19, 2005 

transition

it's odd. In many ways I like change. In others I'm really bad at it. So I think of the Church. If I handle some change really poorly, where does that leave the mamoth of the Church? If my new nick name is Elefante, what does that make the Church? Mastadon doesn't quite fit. hmmm. I am thinking of this becuase as some of you know I have accepted a new position at First Church of God, St. Joseph MI. I will be the High School pastor there. I am excited. I am in dread. I am happy. I am sad. There is so much new possibilty there. It feels like home in many ways. In others I've grown so comfortable in my little house on Merry Lane. But here we are. I'm confronted with the choice: Follow my spirit, or stay comfortable in my personality and the life familar. So I'm sure I'll mess something up. But that is the place where God can do his work. [thanks Mike Yaconelli]. So away we go. I'm reminded of childhood saturday nights in the early 80's with the Duke boys....
"YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
[Can't you just hear the General Lee?]

Oh I can hear "Dixie" now, comin' out of the car horn.

Make sure you stop off at The Boar's Nest for some refreshment.

Randy-- I know that God will take care of you guys. And God will protect your extraordinary personality, too, even though you are following your spirit. --avt

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06