« Home | a new book for you... » | ChOG in MI GA 2008 » | Hybels Confession, and other Movements » | calling all Michiganders » | look out there's evil out there » | bland? » | the sweet old lady » | absence makes the heart..blaa, blaa, blaa » | silence is deafning » | In the merry old land of Oz » 

November 15, 2007 

where am I on this?

Here is a good post by Ben Edson on communitas. I just started Exiles by Frost, so I haven't gotten to the part that Ben is talking about. Ben's last paragraph really resonates with me.
"This is where i think that my vocation is, to be a point of dialect with the communitas and normal society, between the emerging church and the church catholic. I think that this is a step on from some of the early emerging churches, who were not interested in dialect, but only communitas. This is not a a value judgement as we would not be able to have the current dialect without the earlier experiences of liminality."

I sit back and wait for good times to create a new ChOG dialect. It's hard to learn a new language, much less create a new one.

(Anyone want to right a book with me? I got one brewin.' )


ht: jonnybaker

Labels: , , , ,

randy - man, i'm in the same place as you. i was just talking with brent about this very issue. what am i doing here? what's my role in managing the creative chaos?
because i think i'm in this place to help the conversation happen in places some of the stagnant places of God's church. stagnant in thinking, doing, being, etc.
i'm in on the book!!

Post a Comment

In The Beginging

The First Post

Who's Migrating

If you'd like to contribute
email Randy
Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters
hits since 3.29.06